Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Department: Portfolio Accounting
Reports To: SEC Financial Reporting Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Position Summary: Assist in the preparation of financial statements and footnotes for 10-K, 10Q and other SEC filings.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and prepare financial statements and footnotes for 10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings
- Ensure the accuracy (including tie-outs) of financial accounting information in various SEC filings
- Prepare and maintain various supporting schedules and calculations relating to SEC filings
- Prepare and analyze quarterly audit schedules by utilizing current accounting software
- Assist in responding external auditors’ requests
- Assist in special projects such as 3-14 audits, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, preparation of IFRS reports and footnotes, and other research projects, as necessary
- Provide and review financial information within board packages
- Prepare financial information included in marketing materials and information provided to due diligence firms to ensure compliance with Fair Disclosure requirements and ensure consistency with financial records and previously filed information
- Prepare bank reconciliation and research any outstanding items
- Prepare stock sales, dealer manager fees & selling commission reconciliations, and research any outstanding items
Experience / Training / Education:
- 2-4 years of accounting experience (public and/or real estate experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience in SEC reporting
- Knowledge of MRI Accounting software
- Knowledge of BPC reporting software
- CPA license
- Commercial Real Estate background
- Experience with Real Estate Investment Trusts (“REITs”)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC financial reporting issues
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity
- Self-initiative and a team player
- Ability to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak reporting periods
Physical and Environmental Elements: Sedentary office classification environment with moderate noise levels; heavy use of computer and working with numbers.
If you would like to submit your resume for consideration, we invite you to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls or faxes please).
In the subject line, please reference the Job Title, your last name and the recruitment source (if applicable). Please include your salary history and current compensation requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.