KBS Capital Advisors & KBS Realty Advisors
Click on the bars below for drop down information.KBS HISTORY ≫
- KBS Capital Advisors is the advisor of the KBS-sponsored non traded REITs, and was formed in 2004 by Peter Bren, Charles J. Schreiber Jr., Keith Hall, and Peter McMillan.
- KBS Realty Advisors was founded by Peter Bren and Charles J. Schreiber Jr., in 1992, as a private real estate investment company with a focus on providing direct real estate investments on behalf of large institutional clients such as public, and private pension plans, endowments, foundations, and sovereign wealth funds.
- Headquartered in Newport Beach, Calif., KBS Capital Advisors and its affiliates operate from additional offices in New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
KBS operates in two regional areas, consisting of eastern and western United States, which enables KBS to provide comprehensive local market knowledge to KBS’ acquisition, asset management and disposition specialists. This regionally aligned organization has provided KBS with a continuous selection of high-quality investment opportunities for its investors.
- Two regional presidents whose compensation is directly tied to the performance of their region.
- Regional acquisition officers and asset managers are assigned to each regional president.
- KBS professionals know the key markets in their region and the deal makers in those markets, enabling them to respond quickly to investment opportunities.
This regionally aligned organization emphasizes:
- Better investment selection at acquisition
- Quicker lease-up of vacant space
- Better investment operating performance
- More timely execution of sale
Organized regionally with local market knowledge
Knowledge of local real estate markets and the deal makers in those markets is key to leadership in the commercial real estate industry. Local relationships are imperative to success.
Investment StrategyIDENTIFICATION ≫
- KBS has strong relationships with the nation’s largest institutional sellers and brokers. This enables KBS to secure premier properties that other firms may be unable to acquire.
- When a property is identified for acquisition, KBS develops a business plan for each asset including a well-defined disposition strategy and target cash returns for that property.
- Only those assets meeting the firm’s stringent investment criteria are accepted for inclusion in the KBS REIT portfolio.
- KBS leverages the local market expertise of acquisition and asset management professionals in key growth markets across the U.S.
- KBS typically invests in markets with proven ability to withstand economic fluctuations over time.
- Since KBS’ inception in 1992, KBS has acquired 1,666 assets, ranging in size from $10 million to more than $600 million. This long history of successfully executing transactions and ethical business practices is one reason many of the nation’s top institutional buyers and sellers prefer to work with KBS for multiple transactions.
- KBS asset managers work in tandem with the underwriting and acquisition teams to execute the business strategy for each asset, allowing them to maximize rental income and enhance the value of the property.
- Providing exceptional service to more than 1662 tenants nationwide, the KBS Asset Management Group averages 33 years of experience operating commercial real estate, bringing buildings to stabilized occupancies and maintaining strong income.
- Some of the largest national office service providers consider KBS one of their top clients. The relationships developed with these companies bring invaluable market knowledge to KBS.
- KBS’ disposition discipline includes the regular review of a hold and sell analysis on each asset. This discipline dictates that assets are sold according to the business plan set forth in the underwriting of each property and according to opportunities present in the market.
- KBS has a well-defined disposition strategy for every asset purchased.
- KBS has sold 1,594 assets since inception in 1992, with all assets (sold and current) generating realized proceeds from operating cash flow and asset sales of more than $30 billion.