Job Title: Capital Project Manager (Vice President)
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Regional President
Position Supervises: None
The purpose of this position is to provide Capital Project oversight, including planning and implementation of Capital Projects within the respective region in support of KBS’ various investment strategies. Primary areas of focus supported by this position include:
- Property Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Property Repositioning and ongoing Building Systems Projects
- Portfolio Level, Construction Management Oversight
Acquisition and Dispositions
- Provide support during the pursuit of potential new acquisitions and during the due diligence process. This position will work in conjunction with the acquisition team, assisting in the acquisition process by providing project management expertise including but not limited to development of budgets, schematics I plans, timelines and 3rd party resource management in support of various property investment strategies.
- Assist with property disposition process by providing support to the internal disposition team as well as working with our selected capital market team by providing expertise necessary to navigate potential price re-trades or creation of budgets and scope for needed capital to be included in sales offering memorandums.
Property Repositioning and ongoing Building Systems Projects
- Property repositioning efforts can vary greatly but often include strategic focus on key renovations to common areas as well as other interior and exterior portions of multi-tenant commercial buildings (primarily high-rise office buildings). More specifically, such areas of focus may include but are not limited to working with the Asset Manager to providing Capital Project Management of the following:
- Introduction of interior and exterior design and amenity programs such as state-of-the-art conference centers, tenant lounges, fitness centers, lobbies, roof top decks, cafes, restaurants, dry cleaners, bike rooms, signage, landscaping, etc.
- Renovation of key common areas such as lobbies, vestibules, multi-tenant corridors, restrooms, path of travel, parking garages, elevator cabs, digital directories, exterior gathering places, plazas, courtyards and related place making.
- Collecting KBS best renovation practices, mindfulness of redevelopment trends, insightful visioning for each new project, service provider resource management and strategies for teaming most effectively with property level project management staff.
- Building systems evaluation including best practices for maximizing return on investment for building assets such as chillers, cooling towers, generators, electrical distribution, energy management systems, curtain wall systems, building facades, roofs, vertical transportation, plazas, pedestrian malls and parking garage structures.
- Assist with evaluation, benchmarking and implementation of strategies related to energy management and LEED certification.
- Development of ongoing and annual budgets, schedule, planning and project definition.
Portfolio Level, Construction Management Oversight
Tenant Interiors / KBS Spec Suite Improvements
- Work with the Asset Manager through key lease negotiation processes and develop standards for Lease Agreements with specific emphasis on Tenant Improvement Allowances, construction schedules and tenant responsibilities for occupancy.
Work with Asset Manager and property level teams to ensure reasonableness of Work Letter, Building Shell Definition, and Rules and Regulations regarding deliverable timeframes, adequate building services and systems conditions and coordination of Contractor responsibilities during construction.
- Development of strategies and expertise necessary to most effectively introduce unique spec suite programs as dictated and directed by the Asset Manager.
- Assist in development of best practices for identifying and engaging property level construction management teams and related services.
- Manage and oversee the ongoing workflow of various project management teams for adherence to budget, timeline and other performance metrics as necessary to execute our business plan.
- Assist property level teams and Asset Manager by providing expertise and guidance related to design development, space planning, bid solicitation, and bid comparison.
- Oversight and ensure best practices related to review and evaluation of construction pricing, as well as negotiation and execution of construction contracts.
- Establishment of procedures for pre-construction and construction meetings. Attend meeting as deemed necessary for substantial projects as well as to provide guidance of acceptable construction management procedures and required reporting.
- Development of portfolio-wide best practices related to design development, project documentation, bidding and procurement of GC, construction management, close out and commissioning.
Experience/Training Ι Education:
- Strong commercial building knowledge and excellent verbal and management skills in order to prepare cost estimates for bidding purposes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 0 years’ experience in commercial real estate engineering or construction
- Previous experience in a Project Management role with the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills with a variety of software packages.
- Any state first class engineers, masters HVAC or plumbing certifications a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Consistent attention to details with the ability to identify discrepancies
- Must be goal driven with proven ability to exceed goals and have a take-charge attitude with a high level of self-motivation.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Applicant must be willing to travel within the continental United States as dictated by project requirements.
If you would like to submit your resume for consideration, we invite you to send an email to: email@example.com (no calls or faxes please).
In the subject line, please reference the Job Title, your last name and the recruitment source (if applicable). Please include your salary history and current compensation requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer.