KBS Realty Advisors
Position Summary: Performing a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties, this position provides primary admin support for the KBS Central Region, Acquisitions and Asset Management team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Prepares memorandums, letters, reports and forms. Composes correspondence for signature of executive
- Performs general administrative duties such as copying, filing, binding, and preparing federal express packages
- Assist with the preparation of monthly reports
- Maintain contact information
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including incoming FED-Ex and UPS
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for presentation
- Coordinates activities, arranging meetings and special events, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, maintaining appointment schedules and calendars
- Order office supplies as needed
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming phone calls
- Prepares expense reports using Concur
- Establish and maintain filing system, serving as custodian of asset documents and records.
- Interfaces with other departments on behalf of executive for completion of outstanding problems and/or projects.
- Prepares invoices for payment and maintains appropriate disbursements records as may be required.
- May be asked to secure Notary Public certification.
- Sit in for Receptionist on a rotating schedule with other assistants for lunch, breaks, and mail distribution
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Critical to this position is the ability to work well in a team setting and to develop positive relationships with a wide range of people and personality types. The candidate should have a positive attitude, an optimistic nature, highly professional image, great diplomacy skills and ability to represent the team in a very positive manner. Additionally the candidate should be a great listener, good problem solver, and thoughtful professional.
Experience / Training / Education Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Education and Experience:||Required: High School Diploma, and a minimum of 5 years experience in a related position/field. Demonstrated record of achievement in performing advanced administrative and secretarial functions. Preferred: Associate’s degree (AA) or greater. Notary Certification recommended, but not required.|
|Communication Skills:||Ability to write business correspondence, to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients and others.|
|Mathematical Skills:||Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and to interpret graphs.|
|Reasoning Ability:||Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations.|
|Other Skills and Abilities:||Type minimum 55 wpm. Superior writing and editing skills required. Intermediate Microsoft Word skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for report purposes. Basic PowerPoint knowledge. Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Access skills for database maintenance and reporting. Requires a comprehensive understanding of company policies, organization, personnel and services.|
Position will require the performing complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment, performing basic research and preparing reports and recommendations, overseeing projects or programs, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
Physical and Environmental Elements
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.