Risk Factor Disclosure
The KBS Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are advised and managed by KBS Capital Advisors and distributed by KBS Capital Markets Group. All references to past performance are related to KBS affiliated investment advisors whose management and expertise will be utilized by KBS Capital Advisors in the management of the KBS REITs. Because previous KBS Realty Advisors programs and investments were conducted through privately held entities not subject to the up-front commissions, fees and expenses associated with the KBS REITs or all of the laws and regulations the KBS REITs will be subject to, you cannot assume that the performance of previous programs will be indicative of the results of current and future KBS REITs.
Investing in KBS REITs include significant risks. These risks include, but are not limited to:
- No guarantees regarding performance
- Upon sale or distribution of assets you may receive less that your initial investment
- Fluctuation in value of the assets within KBS REITs
- Lack of a public market, limited transferability and limited liquidity
- Reliance on the advisor to select investments and conduct operations
- Payment of fees
- Lack of an operating history for newly formed REITs
- Various economic factors including changes in interest rates, laws, operating expenses, insurance costs and tenant turnover
Before making an investment in KBS REIT, you should carefully review the prospectus and understand all risks.