Position: HR Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Under general supervision, the HR Coordinator performs clerical duties and assists with the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs HRIS data entry and employee file maintenance
- Assists employees with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Responds to verification of employment (VOE) requests
- Collects and track employee paid time off (PTO) requests
- Collects department mail and distribute accordingly
- Assists with employee records requests
- Responsible for sending new hire, promotion, and termination notification emails
- Assists with the posting and sourcing of open positions and scheduling candidate interviews
- Assists with recruitment efforts including collecting onboarding documents and conducting background and reference checks
- Assists with the onboarding of new hires, temporary employees and consultants
- Assists with new employee orientation
- Collects and maintains I-9 records
- Assists with termination process; coordinates exit interviews
- Assists with benefits administration and various HR projects
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the HR Department
- Special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- 2-4 years of proven HR experience and general office responsibilities and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of basic HR principles and best practices
- Basic understanding of California employment wage and hour laws
- Experience with myStaffingPro or other applicant tracking systems
- Experience working in a similar industry or highly professional office environment
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, records management and general administration
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
NORMAL WORKING HOURS:
Monday to Friday – Business hours. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
If you would like to submit your resume for consideration, we invite you to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls or faxes please).
In the subject line, please reference the Job Title, your last name and the recruitment source (if applicable). Please include your salary history and current compensation requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer